My space

Thursday, February 07, 2008

The real heroes..

I think this is the most powerful and heart wrenching ad I have seen. This was forwarded to me by a good friend of mine.I can feel a lump in my throat and tears trickling down my eyes each time I read it.If it was not for the sacrifice of gallant soldiers like Vikram Batra , I wont be even able to share this thought with people, sitting in peace. The unsung, unknown heroes guarding our borders day and night, fighting off militants, thwarting insurgents, helping us when natural disasters strike - have you ever spared a thought for them. People who have put the interests of a billion people ahead of themselves and who lay down their lives for their motherland.

I also came across this article in rediff http://specials.rediff.com/news/2008/jan/23resld1.htm

The story of another brave young officer who gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect his motherland.

There are so many such heroes who dont even get a passing mention in the star struck Indian media for whom Shahrukh Khan and Sachin Tendulkar are the only great heroes alive. Cut through the media hype and please shed a tear for the real heroes - the faceless nameless Indian soldiers who have stopped breathing so that others can breathe.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home